IGNORED

A/C question

RayG1988

So my car's pretty bastardized (and I like it this way!), and I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I have a 1974 260z with an 82 Turbo engine swap, I know the parts on these little cars are VERY swapable. I have a 1979 280zx parts car and I wanted to take off all the A/C components and slap them onto the L28. I know it's possible since it's pretty much the same, my only question is with wiring. Is everything the same? This is just an idea that I got now at work so I can't really consult any of the FSM's until later today but I wanted to get the general idea. Can anyone shine any light on this? FL without A/C sucks, and I kinda have a date this evening, haha.

Does or did your 260Z have factory air? I only ask because fitting the ZX underdash components into an S30 might proove to be difficult if not impossible. I have looked at most of the S30, S130, and 810/RWD Maxima systems, both factory and aftermarket and there are several differences in the size of the components, where and how they mount etc. If your 260Z already has the underdash components, i.e. evaporator,etc. then you can use the 280ZX underhood components , i.e. compressor, receiver/drier, and maybe the condenser, depending on it's size, but you'd have to have custom hoses/lines made up. In that case, all you'd have to do as far as wiring goes is plug in the compressor and make sure the pressure switch is wired as per the 260 factory air wiring.

Well, I may be out of luck. Just spoke to the previous owner, and according to him al of that stuff was taken out by the guy who owned the car before him. I'm pretty sure my car used to have factory A/C. If it counts for anything, my little fan still works.