IGNORED

I need everyones input on this one (Combo and T/S switches)

Zs-ondabrain

That's awesome Mike. So far, it looks like all early 240Z's up to 1/71'. even though Matt has an 8/71' with the double black wires on the headlight switch. Not to be confused with the double black on the wiper switch.

Thanks again Mike, I've been waiting for pics of an early 240Z set-up.

Dave

Thanks you again to all who have added pics and info. I'm almost at a point where I can start making switch sets apon requests. I'll be throwing sets into the Classified section Whenever possible. They are completely rebuilt and the best damn deal you're gonna find for the money. Besides, I Warrantee my work, try and find that on Ebay.

There is currently a set of EARLY switches in the Classifieds. (late 69 to early or mid 71')

Let me know what you think and if you have any special requests.

Thanks again guys,

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...
hi dave these are pics of JAN 1971 HS30 00501 RHD as far as i know the first 1971 RHD produced, HLS30 00501 LHD was sold in Canada and ended in the wreckers anyhow enough history hers the pics

Hi in the picture there is a green cable with a label on it, does this green cable goes to a white cable?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

it's great what you're doing here but have you guys considered a real fix for the turn signal problem? A rewire diagram was made by someone on some forum a while back but it was not super clear how to fix it since he used a 78 switch on his 240z. Anyways sounds like using a relay is the ultimate fix, just wish i could get my hands the parts.

here's the rewire instructions:

http://www2.zhome.com:81/ZCMnL/240ZTSignalMod/turnsgn1.htm

Edited by neoxman

Have at it. And report your findings/results when your done. We like pictures of the process and final results.

BUT..... While you're at it. Look into the Tridon or Triton EP 35? Electronic Flashers.

They are Electronic and don't require the Heavy load of resistance that the Stock OEM Thermal Flashers require to operate. All you need to do is hook up a ground wire to the third terminal on the EP35 and connect the white and green wires as usual. The thermal load is what causes the Arcing in the first place.

Not only will you have a better easy solution to the over amperage issue, but your blinkers will be brighter and have a more consistant flash, Even with the car at an idle or with the engine Not running. They run between $12 and $18.

And until everyone does this, their switches will need the service, whether it's by me or the owners of the switch. Even if they instal an electronic flasher, they'll want the switch rebuilt first, so there is a good clean connection. But great idea though.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Have at it. And report your findings/results when your done. We like pictures of the process and final results.

BUT..... While you're at it. Look into the Tridon or Triton EP 35? Electronic Flashers.

They are Electronic and don't require the Heavy load of resistance that the Stock OEM Thermal Flashers require to operate. All you need to do is hook up a ground wire to the third terminal on the EP35 and connect the white and green wires as usual. The thermal load is what causes the Arcing in the first place.

Not only will you have a better easy solution to the over amperage issue, but your blinkers will be brighter and have a more consistant flash, Even with the car at an idle or with the engine Not running. They run between $12 and $18.

And until everyone does this, their switches will need the service, whether it's by me or the owners of the switch. Even if they instal an electronic flasher, they'll want the switch rebuilt first, so there is a good clean connection. But great idea though.

Dave

That sounds like a winner Dave. Where do you get those Electronic flashers? I think my blinker problem is my flasher.....as I cleaned the switch and put it together correctly and still no blinkie.

Greg

Greg,

You don't HAVE to get the Tridon or Triton Brand name, I just personally prefer those. You can purchase Electronic Flashers at almost ANY Auto Parts Store. Blazer also makes them. Electronic Flashers are the "Norm" in most newer cars, as Manufacturers slowly convert to LED taillights. Those LED taillights don't have the resistance that regular Incandescent bulbs do. When you go to buy 1, just read the package and get the one that covers a 2 to 4 bulb system. As your Z has 1 front and typically 2 rears, per side. Only one side flashes when using the blinkers so a 2 to 4 bulb Flasher should be fine.

Dave,

I can build you a set for your 77' 280Z but I will need detailed pictures of the ones that Should be in there. Including the Connectors on the combo and Turn Signal switches, the writing on the Combo switch and other points of interest that make your switch's a 77'. I Charge $100 each and completely Build/Rebuild a set using the best parts that I have in stock. I warrenty them for 1 year. Warrenty includes 1 free repair-rebuild-or-replacement of the faulty switch. If I have to rebuild it more than once, then I require the owner to have his lighting circuits diagnosed thru a Certified Automotive Electrical repair shop, because the problem is obviously further than the switch itself.

You can email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com for more info on payment and purchases. I don't have an Ebay ID or store as I concentrate most of my efforts and business here at ClassicZcars.com because I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Wink Wink. I'm also a monthly Donator because this site has made my business what it is today. I keep the customer base low which helps me take my time and do a better job than most other business's of this type.

I'll do some research on the 77's and hopefully have some good news for you when you write me at the email address above.

Dave.

Dave,

I am in need of a set of combo and t/s switches. As, i have none. Will you be selling them at some point? Also, do you have an ebay id number? I know i am new, just trying to catch up and work on my 77 280.

Thanks

Dave

One other thing, go to post #19. Those are from an 11/76' 280Z. Which is a 77' 280Z. Do a double check and see if those are the ones you need. If so, let me know and I can start building you a set very soon.

And read the post above this one as well,

Dave

Greg,

You don't HAVE to get the Tridon or Triton Brand name, I just personally prefer those. You can purchase Electronic Flashers at almost ANY Auto Parts Store. Blazer also makes them. Electronic Flashers are the "Norm" in most newer cars, as Manufacturers slowly convert to LED taillights. Those LED taillights don't have the resistance that regular Incandescent bulbs do. When you go to buy 1, just read the package and get the one that covers a 2 to 4 bulb system. As your Z has 1 front and typically 2 rears, per side. Only one side flashes when using the blinkers so a 2 to 4 bulb Flasher should be fine.

Dave,

I can build you a set for your 77' 280Z but I will need detailed pictures of the ones that Should be in there. Including the Connectors on the combo and Turn Signal switches, the writing on the Combo switch and other points of interest that make your switch's a 77'. I Charge $100 each and completely Build/Rebuild a set using the best parts that I have in stock. I warrenty them for 1 year. Warrenty includes 1 free repair-rebuild-or-replacement of the faulty switch. If I have to rebuild it more than once, then I require the owner to have his lighting circuits diagnosed thru a Certified Automotive Electrical repair shop, because the problem is obviously further than the switch itself.

You can email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com for more info on payment and purchases. I don't have an Ebay ID or store as I concentrate most of my efforts and business here at ClassicZcars.com because I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Wink Wink. I'm also a monthly Donator because this site has made my business what it is today. I keep the customer base low which helps me take my time and do a better job than most other business's of this type.

I'll do some research on the 77's and hopefully have some good news for you when you write me at the email address above.

Dave.

Thanks Dave!

I'll check into it in the next couple days......

greg