Steering wheel and horn help - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Steering wheel and horn help

Featured Replies

I removed a Grant steering wheel a previous owner put on and reinstalled the original steering wheel. The Grant ring with the 2 pins that face the turn signal assembly had a "top" indicator on it. I tried to line up the 2 pins on the original wheel like the Grant ring was positioned. The turn signals work correctly, but the horn doesn't work. When I turn the wheel all the way from side to side, the horn will sound in a couple of different positions, but will not work by pressing the horn pad. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. (I tried searching the forums but couldn't find this exact problem and solution)

There are a few posts on the horn mechanism. Do a search to do some more research.

But, in a nutshell, it sounds as though the horn wiper contact, the one behind the steering wheel mount isn't making contact everywhere on your steering wheel hub. Cause could be a crooked mount, or missing copper on the contact plate.

FWIW

E

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.