L28 Rods? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

L28 Rods?

Featured Replies

I am interested in putting flat top pistons in a n42 block. ITM lists them out of the 81-83 zx f54 block. Are these the pistons to order or what is the right ones. They need to me first overbore. I was told by the parts guy that the f54 rods had bigger piston pins than the n42. Did Nissan change these rods? Or did I found a incompetant parts guy? I have been on here and hybridz for a few hours and am coming up with nothing. If I am in the dirt here can someone please point me back to the pavement. Thanks

Justin,

here are a few links to keep you busy

and a book avail (new or used at amazon)

How to Modify Your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine (Paperback)

by Frank Honsowetz (Author)

The book has lots of the kind of stuff your looking for.

Hope I copied these down correctly

http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/128combo.html

http://www.msu.edu/~levesqu6/linkindex.htm

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/

Tuck \o/

  • Author

I got the book last week and have been reading the ink off the pages. It sayd nothing of different pin sizes other than optional larger racing pins. Not stock though. I'll keep researching. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.