IGNORED

Air Conditioning

oldschool8604

i was looking at a 280z to buy on craigslist, in another city. The owner send me pictures, and one was of the original window sticker. He says that it has air conditioning, but the window sticker shows that it doesn't. Can this be a dealer installed option??

The car is a 1977, four speed

Yes - it could have been Dealer Installed. AIR - it would have been the same system installed at the Factory - only with a 3 speed fan vs. a 4 speed fan (or was it 4 spd. vs 5spd?)... The Factory Systems used metal piping - and the older (240-Z) ARA/Fridgking units used rubber hoses... The Factory or Factory Type used the original vent/heater controls with no addition knob's added to the side..

FWIW,

Carl B.

carl beck and sblake, in addition to the 3spd and 4spd fans, i think also that the vent selection panel has an 'A/C' choice on the far left of the panel on a factory installed system...