IGNORED

My rear disc conversion

Hi all,

I've been slowly getting the bits I need for my rear disc conversion,

I had my brackets made (laser cut), and I threaded them,

also I had my brother spin down the "tab" to make a 4mm offset to centre the caliper to the disc,

as you can see they fit pretty good (on my spare 240k).

also here's a link to my web site with more pictures

http://noddle.110mb.com/Rear%20Disc%20Conversion/index.html

Nigel

post-12467-14150803077998_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150803078235_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150803078458_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150803078694_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150803078933_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150803079166_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150803079404_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I used "240K&Beyond" original CAD drawing,

from this thread http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15930&highlight=bracket+240K

it was a one piece bracket, there is no one around where I live, that could do a C&C bracket for me, (cheap enough anyway)

all I did was "hack" it so it was in two pieces,

it cost me $37 to get the two sides made (4 pieces)

and all I have to do is bolt the two half's together, the engineering place offered to weld them, but I preferred to bolt them as I saw it would be easier to get them passed by a engineer .

I'm sure if anyone wants the original CAD drawing, 240K&Beyond, would be happy to give you a copy

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't finished it yet,

I have been busy doing other stuff, and now with the weather getting worse (cold and wet) and getting darker sooner (don't forget I live in Tassie), I haven't got back to it yet,

also you may have noticed, I have about 3 other jobs on, on my 240K

If you check out my web site, I put a lot of picture up on it.

http://noddle.110mb.com/

Nigel

Just checked your site out,

Turbo upgrade! wicked :love: :love: :love:

You've done really well Noodle, I'm impressed

Thanks you,

and I added some more stuff to my site, all I need to do, is to finish my projects ..

Nigel

• 4 months later...

I have a set of ventilated rotors and mounting brackets to convert to disk brake rear end if anyone wants them. (free) They have no calipers at the moment. This is not the best setup in the world, for a number of reasons.

the rotors were Chrysler Centura 6Cly fronts. (rare as rocking horse poo these days, so hard to replace, but there's an Audi one which you can use) they've been turned down in diametre by about 10MM (this allows them to fit inside the standard 14"steel rim)

they use Commodore VB front calipers. This means you have no handbrake unless you use a hydraulic one. you can buy VB calipers from wreckers for about $50.

The mounting brackets are something I made myself. hmmm.....smacks of quality doesn't it? :rolleyes::D. but they work fine. I used this setup on my rally car for about 6 years. they were fine.

the reason I changed them was that the calipers sat on the top. In rally use the dust used to sit on the caliper and cause it to get really hot. you also had to take that caliper off to bleed the brakes, not that that's a big drama. So I figured since I no longer had 14" rims, I might just as well build new brakes that fit the caliper at the back. other than that the brakes on my car are the same as these.

I'm chucking them over the tip if I still have them next weekend, but if anyone thinks they might have a use for them, please let me know.

Matt.