IGNORED

modded P/S and A/C

khughes

Hi guys,

does anybody here have any clue about power steering or air conditioning?

My C110 has power steering out of (as far as i know) a C210 skyline, it was put in by the previous owner (though, not sure if it works!), because i am putting in an RB engine, i now have no idea what to do about a power steering pump!?

Can i just hook up an RB power steering pump, or will this cause problems because of different pressures etc. ?

Similarly, the car has air conditioning core and fanbox etc.. but it didn't come with any of the bits from the engine bay (radiator, evaporator etc.).. can i just use the A/C bits from an R32/R33/R34 skyline? would a newer pump, lines, radiator etc. be compatible?

i hadn't thought about it before (well i had, but couldn't be bothered working it out yet), but now the new engine i am getting is missing both P/S and A/C pumps.. so i want to get it right first time rather than trial and error at a cost.

Kent

check this link out http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/ac/miscellaneous-vehicles-55.php

there is a 240z aftermarket kit which shouldn't be too much different. I'd be looking at putting a whole reco'd r33 system in and replacing what's in the cabin with the r33 system.

Can't help with the pump issue but if you were to make it 4wd you'd be able to just use GTR ones.

wouldnt an R33 system be a little tricky considering how shallow the 240k dash si in comparison? it would be pretty cool to get all the electronic mixers etc.. but it might be tricky! i would certainly be interested if you get it working!

Sorry I should have said if I was you I'd be putting in a R33 system. I assumed that it would fit nicely on your engine didn't think of the cabin. I won't be having any aircon due to no roof and weight saving factors, by that I mean I can't be bothered modifying it to fit in.