IGNORED

how many 1979 gold 280zx's were made

merdoc78

the title preaty much explains it all. i was wondering how many 1979 280zx's were made in the gold color. because i was told that they are some what rare. but i could be completely wrong, any ways i am new to this site and if there is anything else you could tell me about the 79 280zx's that would be awesome. i just got one and im trying to figure out everything that i can...... thank you :D

the title preaty much explains it all. i was wondering how many 1979 280zx's were made in the gold color. because i was told that they are some what rare.... thank you :D

Here's some info from Z Home:

http://zhome.com/History/10thAnniv.htm

A 79 280ZX is a 79 280ZX, regardless of color. The 'rare' gold ZX you were told about would be the 1980 Anniversary edition. I you've already read the link in the previous post, you probaly know most of what you need to know about them. Rare is a matter of opinion. By numbers produced, the Red/Black version of the 1980 AE would be the rarest. 2500 Black/Gold and 500 Black/Red according to that summary. One of the co providers of that info on Z Home has been trying to sell a Red/Black AE for over two years that I'm aware of with no success.