3 Wire Tach Question - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

3 Wire Tach Question

Featured Replies

I recently replace my wiring harness and the connector for the tach is for a 4 wire tach. My old wire harness was for a 3 wire tach. Does anyone know which wires go where? I have seen pictures but can't really make them out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you replace the entire harness? Engine and Rear components at the same time as the Dash? If not, you may have other problems other than the wrong tach.

I don't recall anyone modifying a 3-wire tach to function in a 4 wire loom.

Sorry.

E

  • Author

That's what I am afraid of. I am now trying to acquire another harness with the 3 wire connector.

Don't forget that it's a 3-part set. While you can make some things work, others require more work and effort than it's worth.

You don't mention if you did replace all of them or just the dash one. If you replaced the set then just find a tach that works with the loom. If on the other hand just the one, then replace it.

E

  • Author

Yeah it was just the one. So I have put in my request to zbarn where I received the harness.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.