IGNORED

Violent Shaking While Turning????

oemz

Hi All,

I was just out driving tonight with my 72, and while on a curvy road, my steering wheel just started to shake viloently while holding the steering towards the left. I tried to replicate the problem again and it only does it occasionally. I looked under the hood and the steering coupler rubber which separates the steering rod has allot of play while tugging on it by hand. Could this be the reason for the vibration in the steering wheel while turning? The car never vibrates while driving straight, even at speeds near 80mph. I always noticed the steering to be not as responsive compared to the effort I put into steering the car. As if there was some flex or a rubber feel to the turn. Any ideas or experinces which could help me solve this. It's my daily driver.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help.

I put the car on a lift and found out the camber adjustment was off and the bolts where actually loose. I got an alignmentand all issues I ever had has been cured. It steers and drives perfect now. Best $50 I've spent on the car.