IGNORED

5 speed tranny help

cebu

i do most of my work Arne, but electrical stuff i get twisted on the only reason for me asking about the sevise quotes about the tranny is that some guy told me that i could get a tranny and have it put in for $600 if that be the case i would do it but i was not sure that he was right so i figured that out of all the people on this web site there is at least one person that might know about service quotes, and i am going to go ahead and do the tranny myself. Thanks for always having a quik response to all of my questions!

No the tranny and pedals where used, and i was suprized at the prise myself but it is the only place i know around here with a whole yard of z cars (50-70 of them) being there was like heavan around all thoes z cars

If you really got everything you need for $800, that's probably not a bad price. Does that include the clutch master and slave cylinders and the lines that go with them, the pedal assembly, clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, flywheel, pilot bushing, transmission mount, speedo gear, shift lever, the rubber inner and outer boots, the vinyl or leather boot that goes around the shifter and the clips that mount it to the console? There might even be a couple more things but that's what I come up with off the top of my head. Have you done the research on this swap? Things like eliminating the starter lockout etc.?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok well it ended up being like $900 for EVERYTHING, and i just got it off the jacks yesturday and drove it around i could'nt really go fast or any thing cuz i was running open header but i did peel out really good in first gear i could'nt do that in the automatic so it really made a difference now i just need to perfect shifting i'm taking it in the get 2 1/2 inch pipe and flowmasters and i need another center console mine is cracked real bad where the choke screws on and i need a hazard light switch and then i'm done