Door Interchange - 1982 280ZX - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door Interchange - 1982 280ZX

Featured Replies

I have the chance to purchase a '82 280ZX that is in good mechanical condition with only 92k miles on it. Th problem is that there is sever rust damage on both doors; but mostly the driver's - a softball sized rust hole in the door and a large patch of extememe rust around the side view mirror. A friend of mine has 2 old Z cars - I'm not sure what year, that he has offered to let me strip parts from.

My question:

Could I take the doors from a (presumably) older Z car and install them on the '82? How much work would be involved? Would the doors be different sized if one car was a 2 seater as opposed to a 2+2? If this would work; have any of you done a similar operation and know what models have interchangeable doors? OR any advice?

Thanks-

I'm pretty sure any door from a 1979-1983 ZX will fit.

I would think that, as in the case of the S30, that the 2+2 S130 doors would be longer. But if it's a ZX, nothng other than doors from a ZX of the same body type will fit.

  • Author

so you're saying that you think that only the doors from a 2+2 1982 ZX will fit a 2+2 1982 ZX?

  • Author

also: is there any way I can check without trying the door on the other car?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

If you're buying a 2+2, then SBlake is saying you will need the doors from another 2+2. Same rules if you buy a coupe, but it has to be from that generation, yours being 1979-1983.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.