Rear window de-fogger - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rear window de-fogger

Featured Replies

1978 280z. Rear window will not de-fog. I have changed out the switch and panel light and have 12 volts to the connections at the window. Any hints on what to do to make it de-fog?? Thanks for your interest.

Since you have power to the defogger connections, it would seem that there is a continuity interruption in the path of the defogger. If there is a scratch or crack there could be your issue. I think the FSM has a procedure for fixing that (at least I recall one in my '72 FSM).

If the defroster grid is damaged, you may be able to repair it. See m post at the end of the above-mentioned thread.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.