IGNORED

new member here

fherjohn

Welcome aboard, fherjohn. You are at the best place to be to find a Z and to learn how to maintain one. The knowledge base here is incredible, and the membership is always willing to advise, evaluate, and assist. The site archives are a very deep well of information on just about everything. (Very attractive ride in your pictures!)

John

thanks! as you can see, i love coupes. i just plan on taking my time and trying to learn as much as i can about these cars. they truly are a work of art. i see 240z's all the time but never paid much attention to them until I saw one in a magazine all fixed up.

Wait until you drive one! I am partial to 240's, and especially like the '72. Other members have other preferences, and we all seem to have a good reasoning for them. You should be able to find a good one on the west coast without too much of a problem. Knowledge and patience should work well for you in finding one. Do some research in the archives related to what to look for when buying.... rust is a big thing with these cars, and I suggest that you become familiar with the issue. My thoughts are that finding a rust free 240 and paying the going rate for one in that condition is well worth the money. Rust repair can quickly double the price that one paid for a vehicle with rust problems.

Look around for places that will rent out classic vehicles and get a 240Z for a weekend..... a couple hundred bucks well spent if you cannot find a friend to put you in the driver's seat. Having a nice Z for a weekend will likely confirm your intentions to get one for yourself. Right now I think the Z-cars are well under priced and very affordable. Get as good a one as you can afford. I suspect that the affordibility will change as time passes. In my opinion there are much less desirable cars out there that are selling at prices far, far beyond what the Z-cars are right now.

thanks for the offer! i'll pm u when i plan on looking at 1. won't be for a few months at least though. i wanna learn as much as i can before i jump into restoring 1. i have seen a couple on craigslist already and was pretty surprised i would find any. how much should be looking into spending all together fully restored? i know absolutely nothing about classic cars so sorry if i'm asking all these questions.

e-racer, which part of sd are you from? im from eastlake and every other thursday we have g/z meets up in miramesa. sometimes we change it up though. and i would love to see a 240z in person. i've never seen one up close that's why. only when driving around i would sometimes spot one.

Welcome to the Mix, Nice Infi.

I see you know your body styling.

What Mag was that you saw the fixed up Z in?

I was just reading one in Super Street, of all places,

issue # November 2007 page 58, that had a Black S30.

As said befor lots of Info here including stuff on the JDM Fairlady Z's if your into

the JDM thing that is.

Headers, Exhaust, 240ZG body kits, Rally/Callender Clocks and the whole

works.

Cali, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are the best states to find a Rust Free

Z so broadening your search to includes those states will increase and speed

up your chances.

I was lucky enough to find my baby '77 280Z Ruby, 3 blocks from my home.

I was walking from the bus stop after something told me to get off 1 stop

past the usual one and go down "this" street.

And there she was wit a 4 sale sign :D

If you can spot a Z on an intersection in traffic you can spot one in a

driveway, so cruise around those "unknown" side streets once and awhile and

maybe knock on a door two if you find one :)

~Z~

i'm in santee. my tail lights aren't working ATM, so driving at night is a no-no. but i'm down to meet up if you wanna check out my car :)

you can find pretty decent cars under 6K. i bought my car for $1700, but it still needs a lot of work. runs like a scalded cat, though

Welcome John! This is a fun website to examine and read read read...you can learn a lot about the S30, especially the 240z...

Remember, that the 'search' button in the menu at the top is your best friend when trying to find specific items!!

Nice looking G coupe!!!

i saw it in superstreet also. i can't remember what mag i first saw it in but it was like 2 months ago. i also got midnight wangan and the main car is a 240z. thanks for the compliments. i was waiting for someone to tell me to use search. LOL!

e-racer, cool! i'll let u know. but yeah, most of our meets are at night. are there ever any classic z meets down here?