IGNORED

HybridZ may be taken down by the S. Cali fires

V8-240Z

Dan Porter who runs and hosts HybridZ from his home posted a couple hours ago that the fires were 1/2 mile away and was given the notice to evacuate.

He said that the site would remain on line unless the fires took it down, but he had the site backed up and was taking that with him.

The site was down a short time ago but is back up, I know a lot of the members from HybridZ do hang out here and will show up for info about HybridZ.

Posting to listen for updates. Thanks for the info here! What a nightmare in all our lives when tragedy strikes, and this is big time bad!

Your Avatar is nifty! Did you create this as a .gif image with multiples? Very interesting and totally effective.

Your Avatar is nifty! Did you create this as a .gif image with multiples? Very interesting and totally effective.

That Avatar was a ad for a screen saver that was on the Internet years ago. I liked it and started to use it. I am surprised that no one else has used it since it's not really mine.

It's totally excellent, think I'll create one for our own car, through time. Was curious, though, if it was a file type .gif or other. Any idea?

Its a animated gif and I don't think its hard to do. If you google animated gif you will find something. I looked at the file and it was done with a program called GIF89.

nothing against Dan but he should be hosting that site in a proper location and not out of his house.

Hosting servers in a secure facility with plenty of redundant cooling and power is a no brainer and costs very little.

Dan, if you are listening, contact me, Internet Hosting is my business...

Sorry for the delay in responding, Dave. Animated gif images are great; think you've incented me to create one soon on our own. It's not hard to do, for sure, I so use/like lots of SW that works, one of which is Adobe Image Ready which I use after modifying images in Photoshop, creating layers and then moving to Image Ready to import the .psd image and create the movement/animation and convering to .gif.

Will give it a go when time permits. Thanks all!