IGNORED

How many of you are members of ZCCW?

76Datsun280z

I was curious if many of you (or even at all) were members of the Z car club of Washington? I did a search on the site to see what I could find out but didn't turn up much. I'm really thinking about joining the club as it would be fun to attend some of cruises and stuff and was wondering if any of you on here were members by any chance.

I've been a member off and on for a few years. We went the "Meeting of The MindZ" camping trip over in Oak Harbor about 3 years ago and we (Me and the Wife) also went on the "Wine Tour" over in Eastern Washington last May or June with about 10 other People from ZCCW.

Not a bad group of guys but more into everything but the classics. They are a tight nit group of folks who are more interested in being a group than being concerned with Preservation and everything you'd think a Z car Club should be. Some of the events are nice or even great but I won't pay $50 a year to be ignored when I, in fact have a classic Z that started it all and seem to be ignored unless I've contributed greatly to the cause.

Don't get me wrong but I've heard more bitching about ZCCW than compliments. Who knows, you may fit right in and be welcomed with open arms. But I felt like an outsider looking in as everyone sat around discussing the next big money making event. There are a few execptions to the rule like Dwayne? who owns a beautiful silver 240Z, that has been in Nissan Sport Magazine and he is one of the main organizers and there are a few others who I don't mind BS'ing with but that's just me.

Hang out with them at a meeting and judge for yourself, I never let someone elses opinion make up my mind for me.

Dave.

I've been a 'member' for about 8 years now. Some years I am hardly able to attend any events. I like the group of people there. It is a social car club. Some like to preserve older cars, others like to modify their new cars.

The majority of the cars owned by the member seem to be early S30 body or Z32, Z33 cars. Only a few in between. I had a 280ZX most of the years I was attending the drives and hardly ever saw another 280ZX.

This year I have not been able to attend a single event but keep planning to. Other things always come up. I haven't registered or paid my $50 though for this year. They still welcome me to join them on a drive. I have no complaints. I think some people go to a club meeting wanting to be catered to. I always felt welcomed with my 280ZX even hanging out with people mostly driving 350Z's.

Please don't get me wrong, I just did'nt feel at home when attending a meet or meeting. The drives and events were great, the people were pretty nice too. Call me crazy but I just felt out of place, probably cause I was'nt part of the usual "Click", ya know?

Being a father of 5 and having a wife with Epilepsy causes me to be somewhat of a "Homebody" So I don't make it to very many meetings or events. I love ALL Z's but I'm VERY partial to 240Z's. Maybe if there were more 240Z's I'd have a more cheery statement. But that's just me. I even went as far as offering discounted prices on My harness's, ZX adaptor plugs and led conversions and did'nt get an inkling of attention, questions or inquiries about the upgrades. Not a single one. And at that point, I'd NEVER met someone or even a whole group that wasn't even the slightest bit interested in the upgrades. They did, however, like the LED tail lights and side markers. Weird?

I guess I need to quit my bitchen and find as many S30 owners as possible and set up a date for all of us to just sit around and BS about the cars, share idea's, exchange info and go from there. That's pretty much the idea of Every car club but it usually outgrows it common factors because of the needs or wants of it's members. There aren't that many Z car Clubs in WA. state so it limits the free time that each individual member has to contribute to said events and meetings. I myself can't always get to meetings or attend every event or even afford half of that, but it's nice to know that an upcoming event or meeting just might match my criteria or schedule.

JM2CW,

Dave.

Thanks for the responses and opinions, it's nice to hear what you guys like and don't like. Do you think they would mind if I attendent one of the events or maybe a drive to see what I thought before actually joining up as sort of a "trial"? I'm sure because of my age there aren't many people in that same age group and might be kind of strange having somebody my age be there, but I'm really just looking for a little Datsun/Z club that I can join and do drives, events car shows with a once a month or so with other people that have the love for Z cars too.

I guess I need to quit my bitchen and find as many S30 owners as possible and set up a date for all of us to just sit around and BS about the cars, share idea's, exchange info and go from there.

That would be fun to have a Wa. Z car get together/drive/show or whatever sometime.

They have no problem with people attending meetings. They ussually have meetings at open places like restaurants and over at Performance Nissan in Everett.

There next meeting is on the Saturday, the 11th at the I.H.O.P. in Tacoma. Unfortunately, thats over 70 miles away from me so that's a no go. I won't do a 140 mile round trip to attend a meeting.

That's what I was talking about before. Most of there meetings are just too far away to just "attend" for the act of just attending. They do the usuall "minutes, updates, treasury report, upcoming events, past event results, etc, etc.

What we need is a more Northerly club that's affiliated with other clubs or of our own. That would include a webpage (interactive would be nice), Sponsors, Meeting places, treasurer, etc. Track days at Monroe fairgrounds (Evergreen Speedway) I know a guy. Maybe a once a month meeting at a central Agreed apon place. The general mmeting place should probably cater to north end folks like Everett, Lynnwood(south), as far north as Bellingham (north), Monroe (east) and the Island counties. (west).

I guess I'll start working on the details but if you have any input or ideas, members, sponsors, etc, shoot me an email at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Dave.

I might have to show up for the Tacoma meeting on the 11th. I can throw a soft ball and hit the restaurant from here. I feel the same way about the meetings in the North end too far to go to just do business stuff.

I think it would be a hoot to be part of the go cart racing against the Oregon club.

I will probably join the club just need to get my schedule changed a bit first.