Datsun competition shocks - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Datsun competition shocks

Featured Replies

I stumbled upon a complete competition suspension a few years ago and am finally getting around to the install. I didn't realize it at the time but when I pulled the springs off the rear struts and pulled the shocks they were the original oil filled type. The oil escaped before I realized what was happening. D'oh! My dilemma: rebuild the shocks, replace with aftermarket Koni or Tokico, or sell the whole shootin match. I was going to put these on my V8 project but am now thinging about comfort. How much oil do they take and what kind?

  • Author

Thanks for the link. I'll try motorcycle shock oil.

I remember that the original oil had a fish smell to it (and was 10-20 weight). For aggressive street cars we would put 40 or 50 weight into it. Race cars got 90.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.