IGNORED

Eibach Spring changes

Got a new set of Eibach springs for my '72

box-of-eibachs.jpg

Big image here --> http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/data/500/box-of-eibachs.jpg

No instructions came with the springs. I assume the middle ones go in the back and the springs are oriented top/bottom correctly in the photo since the Eibach logo is right side up.

Funny thing, it looks like the springs are upside down compared with Zs-ondabrain's install from a few years back.

front_right_strut_assembly_2.JPG

Big image here --> http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/data/500/front_right_strut_assembly_2.JPG

Notice how the tight coils are on the top of my set and the bottom of Zs-ondabrain's set? Weird.

You may want to confirm your installation with Eibach, give them a call and they will verify by part # which is front and rear. I also have a set on my '71, they're very nice, but I noticed from that picture I didn't get any stickers...:mad: Once you set them on the struts, the coils should fit in groove that's oriented to the end of the coil wire.

Good luck with the install...:beard:

I just installed these Eibach springs on my 73 two weeks ago. I assumed the shorter ones went in front but when I finished and took it for a test drive the nose was in the air and the but was dragging. A couple hours (and curses) later is sat much better with the taller ones in front. The rear still sits almost an inch lower than the front but I am pleased with the overall ride height and feel.

On a side note, I installed these with my existing KYB-GR2 strut inserts because I had just put them on last year but these shocks seem a little light for these springs. It handles fine in most driving conditions but on a bumpy road at speed they get a little bouncy. Doesn't bother me enough to change them yet but when I do I will probably go with Tokicos.