tranny probs - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

tranny probs

Featured Replies

I have a 72 with an L28 w/ close ratio 5spd swap & I have a couple of issues. The 1st is 3rd gear, when I'm driving in 3rd I hear this noise that almost sounds like electrical crackling for the shifter area. Any ideas what this is? The 2nd problem is at least 80% of the time I get grinding or a crunch when I shift into reverse. I just replaced the clutch master & slave cylinders & I think I remember seeing some extended rod kit for the MC. Is that what's goin on here?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.