IGNORED

rear end noise and control arm issue??

justaZcarguy

Well, got the new z fired up, runs awesome...

2 Things:

In the rear diffy I can hear a "wrrrrrrrr" at a sustained speed not a howl per say, just a wrrrrr that gets louder and then seems to quiet down at certain speeds. My guess is worn ring / pinion, but someone wanna chime in here?

Also, when I am slowing down to a near stop I can hear a clickety-clickety from the rear that kinda sounds like spider gears turning, not like half shaft joints tho...

And, but wait there's more...

When I gas the car the rear seems to joust slightly to the right and upon deceleration in seems to go back to the left. Control arms?

Thanks guys, and I plan to post some new pics and update the avatar this afternoon.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it.

And yes, I am checking the gear oil levels after this post.

Have a great Sunday!

~Brian

Well, in my car, I am sure there is a loose nut attached to the steering wheel!LOL

I just torked them, but I'll check. Thanks!

By the way, it was almost a quart low in gear oil...

That helped a bit in the noise, i am suspect of the Pinion nut, there seems to be a bit of play there.

After 6 years of sitting I am going to be lucky if this is all.

No bitching here. Yet. :)

The bummer is, it's a 3:90 diffy dammit.

~Bri