Fireball Hi-6 Ignition? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fireball Hi-6 Ignition?

Featured Replies

I just bought a 78 280z and i notice that next to the ignitiol coil there was this square this (fireball hi-6 ignition). does anyone know what is it, and what those it do. Should i leave it or take it off.

It is a Crane multi-spark ignition system. It should be an improvement although since a 280Z already has electronic ignition I would think that the stock ignition would suffice.

It only helps at the lower revs IIRC. I forget the cut-off, but once you get above a certain RPM it stops the multi-spark. I see no reason to take it off if it's already installed.

Plus it has an adjustable rev limiter, good for times when your friend borrows your Z!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

There are rotary switches on the end of the unit. Settings are x 100 rpm.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.