gas tank restoration - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

gas tank restoration

Featured Replies

I just picked up my gas tank from being restored. It was the original 69 240z tank so I shelled out 375 big ones to keep it. It had extensive rust inside with numerous small pin holes in the bottom. I used a certified GAS TANK RENU place south of Indianapolis. It is interesting, I was expecting a powder coat kind of process but the exterior looks like it was sprayed with a thick tar like substance. It is not smooth but you can see where the substance ran and wrinkled a bit. The inside is a rust colored coating. It has a lifetime guarantee so I imagine it should last. I will post pictures of before and after as soon as I can find them. Carl

Thanks for the info..to bad they don't have anyone in Colorado..

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.