Grease Points on Rear Suspension? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Grease Points on Rear Suspension?

Featured Replies

My newly acquired '73 240Z sounds like I'm carrying a bucket of bolts in the back seat... I'm sure the rear struts are toast and I plan to replace them (soon?). In the meantime, are there any greasing points either in the rear struts themselves or the rear suspension in general??? I greased the front end and it made a remarkable difference...

No, nothing in the rear.

No grease points , however if you are hearing undue noise check ALL the ujoints. There are four on the half shafts. Another thing while you have the car up off the ground . Rotate the rear wheels and see it you can hear any noise or feel any vibration from the axel bearings . Gary

If the original bushings are worn or have been replaced with polyurethane, they could be the cause. The poly bushings tend to squeek a lot if improperly lubed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.