What did you do this weekend ? - Page 3 - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What did you do this weekend ?

Featured Replies

  • 2 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Hi,

After looking at my Megasquirt logs, and seeing the IAT temp reaching 60C, and only after the first 3 gears, I decided to look at fitting my intercooler,

here are some pictures

Nigel

post-12467-14150806407822_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806408337_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806408572_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806408867_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806409097_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806416095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noddle

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi,

Another 2 days working on my car, now it has a intercooler to keep the temperature down.

Nigel

post-12467-14150806727358_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806727825_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806728226_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806728628_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806729025_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806729418_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806729828_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806730244_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806730647_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806731065_thumb.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi,

Did the BOV Mod over the weekend, It seems to be better now.

also did some data logging, IAT temps down from 60C ish to 30C, running 14PSI on my N/A engine, I'm very happy with how it runs.

Nigel

post-12467-14150806885898_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150806886409_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

I take it you like scaring the bejeeses out of unsuspecting HSV and FPV owners!

Very, very nice.

About the only thing I'd want to change would be get rid of the pod filter and fit an R31 housing with a Finer Filter or similar element. Then plumb the intake to that from the top of the radiator support panel to get nice cold air.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

I did this other day,

I got a new fuel rail and 440cc injectors,

I was doing some high RPM pulls (7K running 15PSI) tuning my Megasquirt II and pop,

I though it was a manifold gasket, till I pulled it apart, and saw the head gasket hanging out the side of the block..

Nigel

post-12467-14150807944271_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150807944967_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150807945565_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.