IGNORED

Camber plates+ strut bar

i3rfnp3

I've searched and searched and haven't quite gotten an answer to my question, so I'll have to ask.. I've got coilovers for my Z, but I haven't mounted them yet. I was originally planning on using the stock strut insulators, but after doing som research, I found out that I can lower my car some more if I use camber plates (EMI etc) I must add I haven't sectioned my struts. Now I also have the Cusco Type OS strut-bars, and my question is (sorry all the chit-chat); Can I use my strut-bars with the camber plates? If not, why not? And have I understood correct; the camberplates just attach straight to the chassis? So it's metal-to-metal? That's okay? Doesn't that make a lot of noise? Pardon my newbie questions, its just that I have to ask, otherwise I only partially get the answer to my wonders..

Thanks

If you use the EMI plates, you might still be able to bolt the strut bar on, because you don't have to cut the strut tops to install that particular plate. The other option is to make end plates that weld to the strut towers that allow the strut tower bar to bolt on. Then you can use any strut bar you like.

Camber plates will transmit more road noise into the cabin. But as you said, they also lower the car, and more importantly allow adjustment of camber and caster in the case of the EMI plate where the stock suspension has no adjustment at all.

Okay.. I'm thinking of using the EMI, or DP ( ? ) camber plates.. I have no plans of cutting/welding the chassis.. I also read that the poly camber kits that MSA sell, aren't any good either? Because they don't have any flex and could ruin the shocks? Correct me if I'm wrong, I've read through so many posts now that I'm turning cross-eyed.. The noise I can bear with, I just though it might be hard on the chassis..

Thanks for the quick reply! :)