Front Calipers - 260Z - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Front Calipers - 260Z

Featured Replies

I've been having problems getting my front calipers bled, and I just read a post that indicates I may have the calipers upside down. In my case the bleed screws are on the bottom. Should they be on top? I think this would imply they are handed. Don't recall if I bought them handed. Any help would be appreciated.

-C

Bleed screws should be on the top. They can be installed the wrong way.

  • Author

thanks, I guess it pays to look at the manual, especially when they are not idiot-proof. This site is great, I've been messing with these damn brakes for two weekends. Just finished installing some little heater hoses waaay up under the dash. Can't wait to swap the calipers and see if that fixes it.

-C

Heater hoses...I'm getting ready to play that game myself. Good luck with the brakes!

  • Author

getting the right side works like it's supposed to. On the heater hoses, I found I had to remove the glove box and heater fan to get at them. Once I got all that stuff removed, it was relatively simple.

-C

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.