Swapping a Rearview mirror - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Swapping a Rearview mirror

Featured Replies

I have a review mirror from a newer Monte Carlo I got free, and I'd like to put it in my Z, but the metal part (that gets glued to the glass) is still stuck in the mounting arm. Is there a way to get the thing out of the arm?

there are two small square-ish slots in the foot of the arm, and it looks like you might need to stick a tool in there to get the mount to pop out.

thx

  • Author

I got the part out by prying the big end up, out of the hole it's in, then it slides out. I'll be moddin the arm so it slipson in the normal(old) way.

Having the taller mirror allows me to see more of the road behind the car.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.