IGNORED

rear strut mounts, 240's on a 280??

BuDavid

hi people, I just switched the springs back/front, after I almost destroyed the car accidentally, I managed to mount them BUT the damn strut mount failed!

I need to buy a new one, or rather two..

the matter is, the 280Z has higher strut mounths than a 240Z by almost an inch, and I know that people used to switch them for lowering a 280Z or lifting a 240Z's rear..

I have ST springs, the gap betwenthe fender's arc's are almost the same, will it be a good idea to use 240Z's strut mounts? I don't like the rear looking high as it is now, I'm asking mechanically, the is no bad points on using them?

another thing, on VB, the part number of a 240Z's mounts are all the same front/rear, but 280Z's rear strut mounts are not available, are they really the same in front and rear (for a 240Z)?

and many thanks for the people who helped in my last case.. I really appreciate it so much.. the car looks normal now!

Mohamed..

I need to be more clear on what part you are talking about. Are you talking about the bushing that is on top of the strut? When I change the springs on my 240Z I did not like the ride heigth, so I went to the local pull your own part, paid the guy roving the yard $20 to remove 4 bushings from a 280Z for me. I got the four bushing in no time, paid $20 for all four and off I went only to discover that the rear ones are the only ones I wanted. It turns out that the 240s had 2" on all four corners while 280s had 2" on the front and 3" on the back. I put the 3" bushing on the rear of my car and I was very happy. The car now has a real nice stances and rides great. I hope I anwered your question in all this talk. If you want a pair of short bushing for the back and used will do, all I would need is a enough $ to mail them to you.

ROFL sorry for the delay, yes, you are talking about the same thing, the 240 has all the same (front/rear) while 280 has them higher at rear.. they are the "strut mount bushings" if I correctly mentioned:ermm:

anyway, I managed to find pair from 240Z's front, I mounted them and the car is back on road.. the fender is fixed somehow by a nice pull from my friend!ROFL

the car dropped at the back.. for me, I like it better dropped by an inch..

maybe it'll be just temporary, but I needed to put my car back on the ground because I'm travelling after few days..

did the ride's quality change or not when you used the higher ones?

for me it is the same.. it is about hight only to me until now, I dont know if it will fail soon or not:stupid: because I think there must be a practical reason why they made them higher for 280Z..