Hey guys, Please help, if you can - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hey guys, Please help, if you can

Featured Replies

I have just completed a resto joe, & I cant find the L/ & R/ side vent/louvers, That go between the door glass, & the Quater glass, They are black, plastic panels. Does anyone have any Idea where I can go to find these parts. I have been searching for sooo long. The car is a 1983 280zx. Please help if you can. Thanks,

Rotty...

What they sell is a louver that goes over the side window and that's not what he's looking for. I would suggest the junkyard but maybe one of the 'ZX' guys here, like Zbane, would have an idea where to find them.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

In my search for parts, I came across the ZXman. He seems reasonable with his prices. I haven't ordered anything from him yet, so I can't vouch for anything, but he does have the part you are looking for.

340FIN Side Pillar Finisher 1979-83 $29.95 In Stock

http://www.zxman.com/exterior.htm

He also has some parts for the earlier Z cars as well.

I have brushed aluminum peices on my zx, I think they look nicer than the black ones, but it may just be my color combination.

Also, the only other set I've seen were painted aluminum, not plastic, though that may have changed with the year.

=Enigma= had it spot on with his junkyard suggestion, there are still some around at the pick/pulls. Then again, there are others to be found behind sheds, forgotten about at used car dealerships, etc.

Just keep your eyes peeled-now that you have a z car, you'll be amazed at how your eyes will seek out others, on the road, in yards, in TV shows/movies, etc.

Post some photos, update your location (someone might live nearby with parts or a set of hands willing to help) and ask questions/offer suggestions here. The ZX is the minority here, but don't worry, you will find incredible tips and suggestions for most any problem you may encounter. Everyone here has something valid to add, and even if our (personal) opinions differ, our love for these cars tie us together in the quest to preserve and enjoy the Datsun legacy.

post-11908-14150798830049_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Thanks for all the input, I'll get a picture of my car up asap, but I work a bunch, & than Family on the weekends, thats why I dont get on too much, Put I'll try those suggestions, Thanks again guys...

Rotty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.