IGNORED

200B Series one bumpers

sblake01

I know that this is not 240K related but it is about a car you guys got that we didn't. How difficult and costly would it be to find and ship a good set of these bumpers w/all mounting hardware trim to the US? I'm not sure of the years that they came on but these are the ones (blue car) that I am interested in not the later ones with the rubber side caps. Would be a definate improvement over what I have now. (brown car)

post-3797-14150798654951_thumb.jpg

post-3797-14150798655446_thumb.jpg

post-3797-14150798656032_thumb.jpg

post-3797-14150798656611_thumb.jpg

Hello Steve;

I don’t like the bumpers on my 810 either. Those rubber end pieces are kind of ugly and are also NLA if you damage one.

I have been looking around for an early Datsun 610 which also had bumpers with chrome ends (like the 200B). Since the 810 (1977-80) evolved from the 610 (1973-76) I was thinking that the 610 bumpers might work on the 810 (with a little fabrication).

Problem is that I can’t find any old 610’s where I’m at. Maybe there are still some left in California.

Lachlan, if possible, get me price on both front and rear. Complete with the trim and the brackets. The shipping would be somewhat bearable if I used Australia Post sea mail like I did when I bought the wheel from over there.

The problem is that Australia Post has limits on how large a package you can send overseas. I don't know about 200B bumpers but a 240K bumper does not fit within the limits...

I remember a couple of 200Bs in wreckers nearby, but the bumpers I recall were totally shot. :/

it'd be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get something like that from oz

besides what alfadog mentioned, ozdat, etc. are not international forums like this, and sellers have no interest dealing with other countries (some don't even ship domestically)

btw, stephen will you be at the doheny bbq?

I'll be at Doheny, probably with the L320. I have had things shipped from Australia before. Weatherstripping from Rare Spares, an alloy wheel from a member of Skylines Down Under, etc. I guess it depends on who you deal with.