Power steering for early z series - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Power steering for early z series

Featured Replies

Guys,

Need a little help here. I'm just about to purchase a 75 280z, it doesn't have power steering and I'm wondering if any of you have installed a power steering unit on a early Z series. I had a 73 240z back in the 70's but for the life of me I can't remember if it even had power steering. I hate to sound stupid, but did the early Z's up to 79 even offer power steering as an option?

Thanks.

Welcome to the club!

The USA S30s did not have a factory installed power steering unit, but there are a few people who have put one in, someone here or on HybridZ has to have the details...

Will

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.