IGNORED

Brake/clutch Master kits Series1 240Z question

JimmyZ

Just wanted to know if any of us have had luck finding 1st generation rebuild kits for brake/clutch master cylinders. I'm trying to avoid mail ordering parts as I would like to install the parts this weekend.

BMC is Tokico 7/8

CMC is Nabco 5/8

My Z was made in 2/71 and has the earlier style Master cylinder and Clutch master. Years ago I was able to get rebuild kits for these parts but the shop I bought them from closed. NAPA online carries them but I suspect it's second gen parts. If I recall the second gen rebuild kits don't jive with the earlier parts but I could be wrong.

I'm refurbishing the old parts because it seems that reman/exchange parts I've seen are second generation (72Z) parts. Although the second gen parts would work I like having original stuff under the hood.

Years ago I sent the brake master off to get a bronze liner so it's lifespan is eternal as long as the rubber gets swapped every ten years or so. Just one more reason to try and save it.

Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Jim

HLS30 23654