IGNORED

Driving Light Mounts ~ Safari style

Zedrally

Hi Mike,

Nice to see you at work again. ROFL I measured my ‘dropping’ and it is 100mm!! Measured from the top of the ‘hook’ bracking.

But I think we both right as you say it is 50mm between the bumpers

As a ‘replica’ I had to make this the same as the original. As you can see on the original (picture) the lower bumper part ‘centre’ is at the same line as the bottom of you turn lights.

Hopefully this helps…..:ermm:

post-1340-14150794085881_thumb.jpg

the lower bumper part ‘centre’ is at the same line as the bottom of you turn lights.

Hopefully this helps…..:ermm:

Thanks Guus,

I was looking through a Rally Book last night which also showed what I thought to be indicators in a vertical position next to the over rider.

Can you confirm this?

Mike

You’re absolutely right, there were cars who had indicators beside the over rider. Nissan began to use this in 1973. They got mixed up with two different ways of placing the indicators. Sometimes the front corners didn’t have the hole for the indicator.

The law had sometime to tell as well, because in Europe indicators had to be placed beside or on top of the over riders/ bumper (is this a rule in australia?).

Personally I don’t like it. But if it shoots you Go for it!!

post-1340-14150794089926_thumb.jpg

I'd been thinking that seeing I was going down this path, then to be historically accurate I should copy the original.

My thinking was along the lines of a replica of a works car, rather than a privateer, however in the end it doesn't matter [i won't be using razor blades on my wrists]!

Calling Alan.....radar on........

Else, I'll be the privateer with an original RHD Monte Carlo Zed.....

MOM

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've finally taken the big step and made a start.

The bumper was easier to cut than I first anticipated, for anyone following this, I made the cut halfway between the existing over-rider hole and the closest bumper stud [to the over-rider hole].

The cut was made @ 90 degrees to the front edge.

I have planned to drop the front bumper by 150mm measured from the top of the bumper to top of centre bumper.

Stay tuned for photo's of the brackets...

MOM

post-2363-14150794188803_thumb.jpg

post-2363-14150794189101_thumb.jpg

I think this answer your question???

second attempt, small picture 440x 440 and 78kb.

To answer you question again the car drove in down under!!! Righthand steering and the "MC" bumper....

ps Mike admin?? Would be nice if you can write the MAX measurement & Kb at the up load page. I was tying for several days now……. :ermm:

post-1340-14150794229599_thumb.jpg