IGNORED

280zx rear brakes ratcheting out

Tommo560

Hi Everyone, Another story of "Murphy" on my case.

finaly getting around to fitting the 280z/zx (2 piston rear brakes) brakes i have sitting around but i have a problem with the hand brake. when i push the brake pedel the piston pushes out and when i release pressure the piston retracts but when i engage the handbrake the piston extrudes but doesn't retract when i let the hand brake off. then when you apply the handbrake again the piston pushes out further and then wont go back in to where it was. i cant find an exploded view of the brakes but expect it to be the auto adjustment feature playing up but i dont know how to fix it.

if anyone has had this problem and has fixed it and knows what to do then if you could be so kind as to lend me a hand then that would be fantastic.

Tom.

79-81 were 2 piston with the pistons facing away from each other and the inside piston moved the cage on top inward while the outer pushed the pad into the rotor. Very weird design.