IGNORED

Early Series 1 dash wiring harness P/N?

er34gtt2000jp

Can anyone of my fellow early series 1 owners look at their dash wiring harness part numbers (the ones by the glove box). My car has a 3/70 build date.

I did a search and found the P/N for late 70-71 I just want to verify the early 70 P/N.

Thank a bunch.

Eric

Eric, the factory part number of the dash harness assembly for 1/70 through 9/70 is 24013-E4601, and that assembly consists of two sub-harnesses labeled 24013-E4650 and E4651. The early '71 cars with manual transmission had number 24013-E4602, which consisted of two sub-harnesses with the same two part numbers as the earlier assembly. The differences between the 1/70-9/70 and the 10/70-12/70 are extremely minor.

Since the two main sub-harnesses had the same numbers on the labels, there is almost no way to tell for certain if an assembly you find somewhere is really from a 1970 or an early '71. But since only the early '71s used those numbers (later '71s were different), and only for a short 3 month period, the odds are that any you find will probably be for the 1/70-9/70 cars.

When I replaced mine, I strongly suspect that the one I found was actually from a '70, not an early '71. But it fit and worked in my early '71 just fine anyway.

My harnesses are those P/Ns but they have 6 70 printed on them as well. I am guessing that this is the mfg date. My car has a 71 dash in it (hazard label indent but no cut out for cig lighter) and it would appear that the harness is also incorrect for the year of my car. I am trying to sort out the fuse box and under dash wiring as it is a bit of a mess.

Anybody know when the illuminated defogger switch came into production for the series 1 cars? I am having problems tracking down the connections for my early style non-illuminated switch. I suspect that my harness has the illuminated switch connector rather that the two spade connectors for the the early switch.

I'm not sure when the lighted defogger switch entered the picture. My car (10/70) was still un-lit.

The dash in your car must be a bit later than you think. Neither my 10/70 car, nor a 4/71 car I looked at yesterday have the hazard indent.

If your car is 3/70, the harness you would need would have been in all cars from 1/70-9/70. So while the one in your car might not be original (assuming the 6/70 date interpretation is correct, which seems likely) it should be identical to the original.

Arne and I have been down this street before and the numbers that I posted are the ones that make up the assy that Nissan sold for our cars. My car is a 6/70 and as Arne has stated the wiring is correct for our cars. The lighted defogger switch does not come in to play in the series I cars at all. The series one cars should have a solid black rocker switch mounted in the console, behind the choke lever.