IGNORED

cluctch not working

240rust

this is my 1st time doing this so...

i have obtained a junkyard quality 240z. in my process of trying to get it to move under its own power i replaces the master and slave cylinders. everything seems hooked up great, i bled it out, adjusted the pedal and the slave and got great pedal, but it won't let me shift into gear. any ideas?

Like you can't even move the gear lever?

Clutch or otherwise, you should still be able to slamshift the car into gear, not that it's healthy for it. You might be looking more at transmission trouble rather than clutch problems.

Maybe if they were just barely rusted together...how long did the car sit since it last was driven?

Chances are the rust is severe (or there's another problem) and you'll have to drop the transmission to see what needs to be done.

If you've got the pedal to the floor and crank the engine, if the car jumps, the two are probably rusted together.

Mine is currently owned by a cadre of spiders which are apparently better organized than the US military.

That's a good long sit it's had, so chances are you'll have to do some dismantleing of the drivetrain.

so here's what i've tried. i put the car in gear with a broomstick depressing the cutch and rocked it back and forth, when that didn't work i tried starting it in gear to break it free. still nothing so i tried cranking it in gear, with the clutch pedal depress and it in gear. the car would have driven me anywhere like that but it wasn't about to break free. so much for finesse, time for ignorance! any ideas?!?!