IGNORED

??Need Turbo Help??

cremmenga

ok here is the deal, I live in the middle of no where Nebraska, and I can't find a damn soul around that knows anything about turbos, I am wanting to figer out what turbos would be best for my SBC conversion in my 240z? If any of you know anything about turbos and can help me figure out a size that I would need please do help. I have tried Banks, and several other places but I don't want to shell out the $6000 all at once to buy it from them and if you don't buy the stuff they are kinda reluctant to give you the fine details on everything. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!! thanks guys

Personally unless you're planning on building the SBC to rev over 6500 RPM I would stick with a supercharger. They've gotten quite efficient and work better in lower RPM with no lag time. However if you're dead set on using turbos I would give Greddy or Garrett turbos a call. They're tech departments can gice you a good idea based on RPM, compression ratios, when you you want it to hit full boost, etc. Also if you're using this setup for racing you can eliminate turbo lag by installing a nitrous setup into the exhaust. Make sure you leave room for the exhaust gas to heat up the nitrous enough for it to expand(usuaully about 12-16 inches) This also prevents damage to your engine from the nitrous since it never enters the combustion chamber. Good luck in the quest for power!:bandit:

I dont know alot about turbo's either but I know that the Garrett T3 or T4 (I've heard they makes hybrids of these two types also) are supposed to be very good. A friend of mine has twin T3's (I think) on his 5.0 Mustang and he likes them so far, although he hasnt had his car tuned since he installed them. The car is still scary fast even without the tune though. Good luck.