hey hey - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

hey hey

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I'm new to the club and am a 20yr old college student working on rebuilding my engine during this summer. I have a 78 280z 2+2 that needs some body work and paint but after all the mods and the rebuild is complete it should be mechanically strong. I purchased headers that don't have any smog attachments so i need to do something to modify my EGR valve. Should i just plug up the end that inserts into the old exhaust manifold, or should i remove everything?

Should i just plug up the end that inserts into the old exhaust manifold, or should i remove everything?

Welcome to the group. Is this your 1st Z? They are alot if fun.

I'd remove everything that you local law allows. Well, except for the PCV valve. I think it provides a very positive function. I'd recommend keeping all the parts, you remove. Down the road, you may move to a state that might require the factory installed equipment.

Good luck and again, welcome.

  • Author

Yeah its my first Z, I've had it about a year but have just started having the time/$ to allow myself to work out some kinks and maybe add some performance. I ended up just unscrewing the pipe out of the EGR and plugging it with a bolt. Hope that doesn't screw up the vac system too badly! I guess i'll keep the old hose, just in case.

welcome. I am kinda new too. this is a great place to be. lots of smart people.

alot smarter thn me anyway. good luck with that header. i have my eye on one myself.

hua

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.