Car Show/Travel Junk Cooler - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Car Show/Travel Junk Cooler

Featured Replies

I used to carry my car show supplies in a pail, but that seems to be to small for all the chemicals and other stuff ( snacks, sunscreen, radios, etc) that were added to the list.

So instead, I think something like a plastic cooler would be good. The kind you can store like 50-60 pop cans in. A strong lid would be good in case you need to sit, and wheels & tow handle might be nice too. Velcro squares about 1 4x4 cm are stuck on the top and you stick certain things to them that you might need while driving, like spare FRS radio, etc. Plus a drain in case you need to carry water or ice, or something leaks. I would cut out the inner tub so you can fit even more stuff inside.

As an afterthought, maybe one end could be modified to match the profile of the firewall, to allow a longer box to fit in front of the seat.

I measured the diagonal distance in my 280Z from the front edge of the seat to the glovebox door, and it came out to be 15 inches, the width between the trans tunnel to the door is 15, and I figure 18 inches long would be a

good length.

So 15Hx15Wx18L with a hard shell & lid.

So the only thing left would be to find a tough plastic cooler wth those dimensions.

Any ideas to add?

thx

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.