need opinion on clutch kit. - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

need opinion on clutch kit.

Featured Replies

Theres a clutch kit on E-bay from MADDOG RACING, clutch parts are listed as 'PIONEER'.

I have a '72 240z and I know I'm going to replace the clutch before it all goes back together. I really just want a 'stock' clutch, and I've seen some as high as $250.00 (this one is $99.00).

Does anyone have an opinion on the make/quality of this kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7963256531&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks guys,

Zak

Zak - Can't comment on the quality of Pioneer parts, but have you checked with Greg Whitehead of Whitehead Performance at 416-665-2220, or Charlie Osborne of Zeddfindings in Kingston (613-389-1397 http://www.datsunzparts.com/ ) for prices?

Both support the local Ontario Zed Car Club and Thousand Island Zed Car Clubs...

You would save on shipping and duty costs....

Regards

GWGarrard

  • Author

I know Mike at Whitehead, he said the kit they get is quite a bit more, hes checking for me. I never thought of Charlie for a new kit. I did buy my floors, rails, and some used trim from him though..he's GREAT to deal with. Ill check with him too. Thanks,

Zak

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.