IGNORED

Easy Z31 front bumper question...

SR240Z

Hey, I have a 240Z with Sr20det installed and am now venturing out into the realm of the Z31. (and am very excited about it! :classic: ). I really like the front bumper on the 87-89 Z31's but i've found a nice turbo 86 (i think its an 86) and would like to know if i can easly bolt on the 89 front bumper to it. Is this easly done? are the 86 front fenders any diffrent from the 89's fenders? I havent gotten up close and personal with any Z31's so i'm sorry if i'm asking stupid questions. :stupid: . And how about the rear taillights from the 89 onto the 86, that possable? Thanks!

There are a handful of members here that own a Z31 as I've seen in their signatures, but this site deals almost exclusively with L engined cars. It's been debated in the past as to whether or not even the 280ZX should be discussed on this site, and I'm not saying that to open that up again, but simply that there would be little if any info here on anything later than that. I would suggest HybridZ, NICO, or one of the other sites that deal with the later Z (84 up) for more extensive info on those cars.

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if your question has been answered elsewhere, but you should need the later hood/front bumper/bumper reinforcement/headlight assemblies. The front fenders should interchange with no problems.

The rear taillights are abit more difficult, requiring some welding. Someone has done the complete early to late swap though, I'll see if I can find his site.

Edit: Here it is - http://www.300zxrestoration.com/

No problem, here to help

Are you going to swap the '86s Turbo into the '89?(assuming its NA)

Have an '86 GLL 2-seater, targa, 5-speed, myself :)

Also picking up a 1/74 260Z withing a week or two to restore :)

Well, my Z31 is allmost showroom clean. I hardly want to touch it. If the engine ever gives me any trouble i plan to swap in an RB25DET. :) check this thing out! Not a spec of rust, and the interior looks like it was never used. I donno how it has 157,000 miles?! It's funny, i got more complements on my

Z31 in the 2 days ive had it then my S30 in 3 years!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4635275589&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC#mainImage