IGNORED

240K Still alive after 15 months

Razor

Hey everyone

havent been active here for sometime now...been very busy

I got my car towed yesterday from my mums house to my house.

The car hasnt been started for 15 months and yesterday it started after a few tries.

Noticed blueish white smoke out the exhaust (valve seal or something else)

also petrol is pissing out of the fuel pump where the gasket is.

I'll be storing the car again for sometime as I'm putting the project on hold again...

or will do it really slowly as I'm doing apprenticeship on panel beating cant stand IT anymore.

anyway I'll probably check the 240K forum more often now...

I been wondering what happened to you Rob. Good to hear you're still working on the 240K.

I guess it's better to be a happy panel beater:) than an unhappy:disappoin IT type ...person:paranoid: .......but don't completely foresake your IT skills, even if you just keep up to date on a hobbylike level....at least at that level you can always walk away from it when you feel the irits coming on, one thing you can't do if it's your bread and butter, THEN it costs you money!

Got any pics of the car to share?

Cheers,

Jim.

Welcome back Rob. Good to see you posting again :)

Slow projects are still good - mine was always a daily driver so it was pretty slow too!! Interesting problems, mine spews out petrol at the moment too.

Also I went to Pine Rivers Electroplating for my S/S! Three months ago... they keep saying "next week". How long did your stuff take for turnaround? How beat up was it too? Hopefully the workmanship will make up for the crappy service :)

Thanks Jim Lachlan

I'll take new photos of the 240K and the parts I have collected so far, I'll post this weekend.

Its more like squirting up from the gasket of the fuel pump.

Pine Rivers took 2 weeks to fix mine cos I told them I got a car show to attend to hehehe, the mouldings were very badly dented and scratched I was going to throw them away but couldnt find any replacement so I did my research and found one guy that fixes mouldings if the old one is really bad I think he copies them from scratch. You can see his ad in the yellow pages under S/S moulding repairer? I called him and he said he is very busy if I wanted to be on the line of his customers I'd be waiting 6 months for it.

I had previous experience with Pine Rivers when I had some parts chromed, so went back to them and asked them if they can do me a favour and fix my S/S mouldings and they did a good job straightening and polishing the moulds.

I'll post some pics for you lachlan this weekend.

Thanks Rob. Mine were in pretty good nick when I gave them to Pine Rivers in November... I wanted to check the condition of yours so I know if I'm being ripped off if they want to charge me a lot more than you paid. After what I've put up with so far I wouldn't be surprised...

As for two weeks, well, they can expect an angry phone call from me shortly.

Look forward to seeing more pics Rob:)

sorry I'll take photos of the car later been really busy

but did took 3 crappy shot (rushed) of the S/S mouldings for you Alfa

LHS moulding on an angle

240ktrim3.jpg

rear trim

240Ktrim2.jpg

front moulding

240kTrim1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have been meaning to take pictures and post some info. Yes I did get the stainless trim back. It's very nice and I'm happy. It cost me $200 (they didn't want to charge too much as I had waited for 4 months). Very long story, but I got the bits back in the end and that's what counts.

Due to the dings that had to be straightened out it's not perfect like a NOS piece would be, but you have to expect that.

I'll take pictures eventually - but you can probably see it for real in a week or so :)