IGNORED

headlights (heehee..headlights...)

z_pyro

k, on my 71 240Z, only one headlight works (left). the other doesn't. so i went to where the bad light connects to the plug that goes into the wiring harness and disconnected it, then removed the whole light from the bucket.

i then went to the other headlight, and disconnected it. I plugged the other light in its place, and it didn't work. so i figured the light was bad. but i was bored last night, and connected a 9 volt battery to the connector on the light, and it lit up (although pretty dim). is this just the flasher filament working? also, i noticed the light had some broken glass in it, and there was a chip on the INSIDE of the lens. am i mistaken, or do i need a new headlight(s)?

P.S. the lights have little emblems on the lenses, look like C's, or maybe D's. are these the stock lights, or just something else?

well, you can take the "bad" light to an auto parts store- they'll hook it up to 12V so you know for sure. May also have a bad or partially bad fuse (each side has its own). I spent 4 hours one day to find a fuse was partially burned out!:mad: Good luck,

Jeremiah

Recently I had the driver's side headlight go dim on me. The fuse was fine. I was about to start tearing into the wiring when one of our wise members suggested checking the fuse holder. I bent the wire on the fuse holder to make a tighter fit and it worked perfect! Start with the easy stuff first.

Good luck!

Marty