IGNORED

Door Lock

imhoppy

Does anybody have any idea how, where ,who, can i get the little spring that holds the small hasp in place.The one that allows you to unlock /lock the door.

I think its a torsion spring about 10mm O.d.I have three bellcranks for my early 260 and springs are all broken .So i figure that this is a common problem.At least with the 260?.Looked online and there are litterally thousands of differant sizes and shapes of springs:ermm:

Please send help ASAP Ive been trying to fix this with other ideas for 16 hours Im Done:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

...can i get the little spring that holds the small hasp in place.The one that allows you to unlock /lock the door.

Hop, you'll have to be more specific as the Outer Key Lock has the spring CLIP that locks the body of the lock to the door's sheet metal AND the spring that goes on at the very tip of the lock to hold the metal tongue, which connects to the door lock mechanism.

The one to hold the door lock to the body, is commonly available at stores with body metal parts. If not, check with the dealer, they're a common size. This spring looks like a flattened C.

The one on the end of the lock, can be replaced with a screw and a washer, as long as you don't thread the hole very deeply.

If this still doesn't give you any ideas, post again.

E

I kind of figured that i didnt do a good job of describing the problem.I was going to take some pictures of it but my new camera is on the fritz.Tested the batteries bad camera:angry: I will have to go out and get another.It really sucks because i have most of my restoration shots in it:sick.I wonder if it has broken spring inside?

Ill be back Mike P.s. Thanks alot for your guys posts on the subject:geek: