IGNORED

Sport Compact Pro

jszarecki

hey has anyone heard of this scam yet? i bumped into it a while back, and have been at war with stupid people about it on other car boards. here's an update. stay away from teh following 3 websites/companies

carsponsorships.com

sport compact pro

pimp your ride

...excerpt...

i also got a call from SCP and carsponsorships.com. they were very excited telling me i was sponsored for this an that. im a endorsed musician so i know a bit about being sponsored. again i said they were very helpful and excited in trying to find me stuff i coudl qualify for until....

i told them what kinda car i have. 1975 280Z 5 speed, slightly modified.

they said, well, we have stereo and decal and lighting kits.. i said i dont need/want those. do you haev any body kits, engine parts, etc?

they said they are not affiliated with any engine co's as street racing si illegal. i told them im a registered/licenced autocrosser and the guy (SCOTT his name was) didn't know what that meant.

anyway, after 30 minutes on the phone, no one there could find me anything for the car. he said he was gonna send me some paperwork and some decals and id get em in 2 weeks. i said fine.

THAN it hits me. after i hung up i realized i filled out something online to get this fool to call me anyway. and lo and behold i saw an 88 dollar charge on my card the next day. ive since had it reveresed with my bank, thank god! so well see what happenes next.

PLEASE FOR TEH SAKE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY. DO NOT SEND THEM MONEY. I DONT KNWO ABOTU CARS, BUT IN MUSIC REALITY YOU NEVER HAVE TO SEND ANYONE MONEY TO GET STUFF. that only happens if lets say you get a 75% off deal, than of course you pay the differance.

speaking of the co's these guys use, i went to all there sites and the stuff looks like crap. oh i almost forgot, he offered me vertical doors. i said that cool, if i get them for free. he said no, about 1500. i can get the kits myself from a magazine cheaper than that! the best part is, is they say they have deals with dunlop, so i asked about tires...and guess what. they couldn't even find anything to fit my rims...weird. they are STOCK NISSAN RIMS! idiots.

see kids, if this was a REAL endorsement company they would find you stuff that would work in your car!!!!!

strike 3 with me. anyone else actually take pix of there "products installed" lets see them

------

just a warning to those who are out there...stay away, stay far away.

You filled out something on the internet and gave them your credit card info? Not knowing anything about who they are or how they operate? Maybe this advice wil be useful because we have so many young 'members' but common sense could have saved you the hassle.