IGNORED

Radio Antenna Switch

Guest egomes1

Guest egomes1

I believe the original 240Z radio had a power antenna switch built into the radio. The cassette tape /AM/FM radio I now have, does not have a power switch built in. Does any one have any ideas on where to install an antenna switch so that it looks half way decent. I guess it needs to be a "momentary contact, center return" switch?

Thanks,

Ernie

1971 240 Z

San Bruno CA

I mounted mine on the passenger side of the center console. Positioned far enough forward to not be hit by Knees, and "up" enough for driver to reach. Works well.

AIR, the antenna switch on my first Z was in the face plate of the radio, but when taking the radio out of the car, I seem to recall that the switch was mounted to the outside of the radio case with a screw.(behind the faceplate).

------------------

Carl Stahlnecker

72 240Z "Bambikiller"

HLS30-55703 11/71

cstahlnecker@hotmail.com

bambikiller240@altavista.com

• 5 years later...

I found a toggle switch mounted to the passenger side of the center console as well. It doesn't seem to do anything though. I have not traced the wires yet as I have no reason to pull apart the dash yet. When I do I plan on trying to figure out what this was for. My guess is that it was a power antenna switch for a power antenna which no longer exists on the car. This is my best guess as there are no other power accessories that have been added to the car.

You assumed I was looking for a response from one of them. I was not. I know BambiKiller is gone. However, there are a couple thousand members on this board who might have a constructive comment regarding the switch I mentioned. Would you rather I start a whole new thread on this same topic? :rolleyes:

I thought I answered that in the other thread you posted it in. If it's not a momentary on-off-on switch then it's probably not for a power antenna. More likely for the alarm system that you said is partially removed. As far as a couple of thousand members having a constructive comment? I think the group that would possibly come from would be considerably smaller. Look at the number of members we have and than look at the number of posts many of them have. Lots of members but the posts come mainly from an ever dwindling group. And, constructive, well ................ sometimes.