Clutch Slave - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Clutch Slave

Featured Replies

Is the clutch slave adjustable on a 1974 260z? If so how do you adjust it?

Thanks Chris

no not adjustable. Is it not coming out far enough. Maybe you need to bleed it. Or u coudl try adjsuting the pedal

My parts car is a 72 and i had the same problem. I could adjust the slave a little tiny bit by unscrewing the rounded nut where it bolts in to the clutch/tranny underneath. It did help.

My parts car is a 72 and i had the same problem. I could adjust the slave a little tiny bit by unscrewing the rounded nut where it bolts in to the clutch/tranny underneath. It did help.

The clutch slave cylinder on a 72 IS adjust able BUT, it is NOT the same as the one on a 74.

As loy stated, the clutch slave cylinder on a 74 IS NOT adjustable.

The clutch slave cylinder on a 72 IS adjust able BUT, it is NOT the same as the one on a 74.

As loy stated, the clutch slave cylinder on a 74 IS NOT adjustable.

sorry thought they were the same

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

u could try to mount the slave cylinder closer to the withdrawl lever. I myself is having a clutch problem but it's due to letting my z sit for to long and teh damn flywheel rusted

I have a new master and slave cylinder off of my '72 that i just bought a few months ago, I ended up buying another car and now I don't need that one so if anyone needs them it theirs also!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.