More Fuel pump related problems. - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

More Fuel pump related problems.

Featured Replies

Two nights ago i was just pulling away from my house, and my z lost all power, i could smell what i thought where burning wires, and upon closer inspection, my pump is getting no power at all. This leads me to believe there may have been a short somwhere in the wiring. I can not seem to find any melted wires though. I have all my lights, wipers, spark and starter, but no fuel. Any advice on finding this problem area?

I'd start by checking the electrical part of the ign switch and then the ignition relay.

Do you own a factory shop manual? If not, invest in one you won't regret it!

  • Author

I'm actually trying to get my hands on a service manuel.

By the way, how does one go about testing a relay? i have the ignition relay out, and i'm trying to source one at the moment.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.