IGNORED

For Sale 3 x 240Ks

leondown

Yes that’s right

Not 1

Not 2

But 3 !!

Because we got no sponsorship this year we couldn’t go on the Great Escape. We are now selling the datsuns in preparation for something different for 2006. So they are up for sale.

One is a rolling wreck with auto Tx was driven into yard 12 months ago but not started since. It has been butchered by previous owner... instruments from later model not properly fitted, carpets better suited to dog kennel seats tatty, painted by hand with 12 inch brush using water based house paint….one rear wish bone rooted… but car generally useful for engine transmission and other parts...perhaps as an anchor for your cuising yacht? you get the picture

No 2 was a daily driver up until august 2.8 motor very dark blue paint a bit crazed and cracked in places, bonnet pins (why?) a bit rough in and out but goes very well ,no smoke, no odd noises and comes with spare dismantled 5 speed tranny - with shot main bearing? tx may not all be there it is in ice cream tubs and in buckets in boot..

No 1 is the ex Great Escape 'car'

2800cc motor with head worked a "warm camshaft" no idea specs.

Head may have been shaved? Compression boost?? Needs 'lead' in fuel

Extractors and 2 or 21/2? inch exhaust system

Stock carb ( dumped the triple weber carbs during 1st Escape far far toooo thirsty for us but if you fit your own it makes plenty of noise and smoke and fury as it roars down the road and that’s just the sound of the fuel tank as it empties!!)

R200 rear LSD. With reinforced and cross braced mounts

Rear brakes returned to stock drums will include the discs brakes as fitted so you can if you want to refit ugly looking things holden callipers 5 stud discs redrilled to fit 4 stud wheels very ugly.

Front brakes upgraded to big GMH vented units unknown specs same as rear brakes ugly as

Rear wish bones reinforced plate welded over know weak point

Front to rear brake bias valve in cabin.

Full roll cage bolt in type. has had CAMS approval in past , CAMS booklet with car but not updated? or current? ...the car was not used for real rally I am not sure how certification works for older roll cages

Heavy duty rear shocks and springs

Big fat front struts with lengthened lower control arms ( for big Neg camber ).

Full under motor skidplate in 3mm aluminium. Engine oil drain plug is accessed through specially drilled hole....it was bugger to drop whole plate off to change the oil

4 x rally tyres on 15 inch alloys 2 X 40% tread 2 x 0.5% tread

Spare set of wheels same style 15 inch alloys with new new road tyres ( so that is 8 matching alloy wheels )

Wheels are off later nissan

Full NSW Rego till mid August 2006.

Racing drivers seat

Tool box solid mounted in boot

2 x 4 point harnesses ( prob out of date for competition use ) and all mounting points

Rear pax seat removed replaced with single bucket seat on LHS

Most of the interior has been removed carpet consoles etc...this is a working machine no time for creature comforts

Engineers certificate.

Want to sell all three as package

Can deliver to Western and southern Sydney or Wagga or any where within about 200Klm of Canberra ( centre of the world ) free delivery. Further away will negotiate costs

Asking around $3549.99 make an offer

Don’t be shy worst I can say is feck orf!

Need $$$ for new great escape weapon for 2006 and psychiatrist bills

Selected images at

T002-012.jpg

T002-019.jpg

T002-022.jpg

dat12w.jpg

Leon

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi Leon,

bet it will be sad to see her go, i am still very unsure what to do with our rally car now.. this year i wanted to concentrate on getting my other 240k up and on the road(with rb25det etc..) so in all honesty, this year could be out for me rallying too.. will it never happen!! :(

good luck with the sale, i know how much time, effort and cash it would have taken to get the car up to spec, and it certainly isn't pretty ;(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...