IGNORED

Very hesitant sale;Datsun 240K coupe

JMT240KGTR

All,

It is yet again with sad regret that I have to sell another 240K coupe :cry:

Unfortunately this time it is a must, don't we all wish we could be millionaires.

Firstly, the 240K coupe is completely original, I have rust proofed/treated all surface rust and coated on a thin layer of filler to finish which is sanded back and primed, the areas requiring further attention is around the rear screen (couple of small holes) and the bonnet underside front left corner.

The body is extremely straight, not one dent. It has a Nissan dealer fitted sunroof, the interior is very good but one hole in carpet (drivers footwell). No holes in the floorpan, very strong. The console, dash, accesories are all factory items even the original radio, cassette player, nothing has been cut, drilled, etc. Seats are immaculate, even the standard rear parcel shelf fabric is in excellent condition.

Engine and gearbox; all matching no's, I've fitted an elec distributor, that's all.

I done a compression test last week, all cylinders firing 160~ psi, according to factory manual that's 20psi over standard, Given the car was a one owner, I'd suggest the engine has been re-conditioned, perhaps even slightly over-bored. The trans is fine, kicks down great, very good. Carb runs very good, radiator fine, adjustment done on valve clearances, etc.

I have a '79 Skyline 5 speed (same as the K), plus manual pedal and shifter to go with the car. All tyres have recently been purchased (although 2nd hand) and have 90% tread on chrome steel mag style wheels. Also comes with 4 x Cheviot mags, 4 x Supra alloys w/tyres, and original fitment standard Nissan steel wheels with circa 1970's 'aquajet' tyres. Also have spare rear window rubber as previously discussed in other thread. White paint is 2 pak in excllent, shiny condition... couple of cans to touch up repaired areas would be all that's needed for basic finishing...steel mouldings in excellent condition except for front and rear (small dents).

There is a clunk coming from the rear upon take off, haven't had a hard look but it's not the diff, prob a uni joint; these cars like uni's.

I'm sorry guys, I know I promised not to sell it, but please one of you K guys buy it. I'm selling it and everything for $1800.00ono, it's more than what I bought it for, and it will only need brakes, front screen, some rubber bushes, and you have a roadworthy car that will be 100% original. I am very sad to sell and at the end of the day $$$ rules the world....well to some extent anyway :(

Very urgent sale, any interest call me on 0433 761 432, I'm in Narre Warren South (Melb Sth East)

James

I don't know if you would be interested in selling to an American, but I have been thinking about getting a 240K. Would you mind telling me what year the car is? Do you have any pictures? I would like to see as many close up shots of the doors, sills, and rockers that I can. Also, exactly where in Australia are you located. If you want to contact me directly, my e-mail is b.dooley1@cox.net .Thanks

Brian

• 2 weeks later...